Calling all change makers
apps4autism is a Hackathon hosted by Autism CRC and made possible through a range of supporters. Our Hackathon will bring together multi-skilled teams to develop innovative solutions that enhance the lives of people on the spectrum and the autism community.
Teams of people with diverse skills and experiences will work together to develop an app prototype. Teams will be made up of researchers, developers, designers and User Experience (UX) experts - that is people with lived experience.
The hackathon will run over three days and conclude with a pitch and demonstration of the solution (app) to a panel of judges.
Date: 14 - 16 November, 2016
- Monday 14 November (6-9pm)
- Tuesday 15 November (8:30am-5pm)
- Wednesday 16 November (8:30am-4pm)
Venue: ANZ, Level 34, 100 Queen Street Melbourne
We will have five teams which may include:
- Talented Techies
- People on the spectrum (Autistic UX experts)
- Parents, carers and partners of people on the spectrum (Community UX experts)
- Autistic adults with IT skills
- Professional clinicians, educators and service providers
The Cooperative Research Centre for Living with Autism (Autism CRC) is the world’s first national, cooperative research effort focused on autism. Taking a whole of life approach to autism focusing on diagnosis, education and adult life, Autism CRC researchers are working with end-users to provide practical solutions
for governments, service providers, education and health professionals, families and people on the spectrum.